Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fluffy French Toast

     I have made this recipe quite a few times but I keep finding ways to make it better so I have decided to share. First off, the most important ingredient in this recipe is the bread. You can use sandwich bread but it will not be as good as it can be. I have found that using a soft Italian bread with a golden crust has turned out the best results. Do not use a bread with a floury crust because it will absorb too much of the liquid you dip it in. I suggest buying a loaf that is not pre-sliced and cutting it yourself at home so you can cut the slices thick.
     When preparing the mixture follow the recipe exactly as stated. The first step is very important. You must whisk the flour and milk first until well mixed. If you just put all the ingredients in the bowl, the flour will not mix in correctly. The only changes I made to the recipe are for personal preference. I add one additional egg yolk because I like the toast to look a bit more yellow. Also, I add about a quarter to a half a teaspoon more cinnamon for taste.
     I use a large 13" skillet so I can make four slices at a time. That way you aren't waiting for the other slices to cook while the ones you have already made get cold.
Rating: Delectable - This is the only french toast recipe I will use.

No comments:

Post a Comment