Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baked Potato Soup

     Let me begin by saying, this recipe is a true brothy soup and not the thick verison like you would get in a restaurant. I made this recipe this past Sunday night when I was having my brother and father over for dinner. Because the recipe only makes 4 servings and a serving isn't filling enough to be a meal, I doubled the recipe and made cheddar garlic biscuits to go with it.
     In a pan I cooked a half of a pound of diced bacon until it became crispy. I reserved the bacon drippings and put the cooked bacon in a bowl and set that aside. Now because I double the recipe, I needed to use a pot instead of just making it in the pan that the bacon cooked in like the instructions call for. I pretty much followed the recipe as stated but made one change in an effort to thicken the soup since it seemed to liquidy to me. I stirred in just under two cups of shredded cheddar cheese right before I served it. This thickened the soup up just enough so it wasn't too watery. I let everyone garnish their soup with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and bacon to their liking.
Rating: Yummy -  Even though this soup was a little on the watery side, everyone really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment