Thursday, February 21, 2013

Starkist's Tuna Tacos


     In an attempt to work more fish into our diets we came across a recipe on the back of the packet of lemon pepper tuna that I had a coupon for. Fish tacos are nothing new but I never thought to use canned tuna to make them. This is an extremely fast recipe that requires no cooking. So if you can’t cook you can’t use that reason to not try and make this easy dish.

2 Pouches (4.5 oz) StarKist Tuna Creations Zesty Lemon pepper
4 6" flour or corn tortillas
1/2 cup Coleslaw mix
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1 Tomato, chopped
Shredded cheddar cheese
Cilantro

  1. Mix tuna, lemon juice, and coleslaw in small bowl.
  2. Divide the mixture over one half of each tortilla & top with tomatoes. Add cheddar cheese & chopped cilantro.
     I doubled the recipe because two small tacos weren't going to be enough for the two of us especially when one of us is pregnant. I forgot to buy a tomato and omitted the cilantro. These needed more than a tomato and cilantro to make them better. Despite being flavored with lemon pepper seasoning, they tasted under seasoned. Christine said they would have been better with a tomato but they still needed something else like a tropical salsa with mango and pineapple. I think a chipotle sauce would have done the trick as well. I would also increase the amount of coleslaw mix because these were soft through and through. The lack of texture made me bored of these quickly which lead me to not finish them.
Rating: Edible - These need help

No comments:

Post a Comment