Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fried Dough


     This is going to be a short post but I thought I’d share one of my favorite breakfasts that could be used as a snack. Of course, I only make this once a year or so because it’s so bad for you. Fried dough is exactly what it sounds like. You take pizza dough that has risen, cut off small pieces, and then fry them in oil until crispy and browned all over. If you've ever been to a state fair or field days then you've probably had some variety of this.
1 package pizza dough
Oil for frying
Sugar (Optional)
  1. Allow pizza dough to rise. I open the bag and place it in a bowl covered with a paper towel overnight.
  2. Heat up about an inch of oil in a pan
  3. Cut off pieces of the dough and stretch out until almost transparent.
  4. Carefully place dough into the oil and fry, flipping once until browned.
  5. Sprinkle with sugar

     We had this with pieces of banana bread that I made the day before. Talk about a carb attack, but hey, at least there was bananas in the bread… :-)
Rating: Yummy – Unhealthy but tasty. It’s fried so eat it in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment