Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Chicken Scampi

     I love Italian food and dishes that are quick to make and this recipe for chicken scampi was the perfect fit early last week before the late nights that were to come later last week. Many of you have probably heard of shrimp scampi and this is essentially the same thing only using chicken instead. I liked that I could cook everything in one pan.
     I used about half as much butter as this recipe calls for just to make it a bit healthier. I did however use almost double the amount of olive oil because I like the sweet taste it gives food when you sauté things in it. Other than those two changes, I followed the rest of the recipe as written. Using fresh herbs would kick this dish up to the next level but I only had dried, so I used those. Some users suggested using a half of a cup of white wine before letting the chicken simmer. Once the chicken is done simmering, I tossed it in some cooked angel hair pasta. As a final touch I added diced Roma tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
     Christine and I both liked this but agreed that it was missing something. We would eat it again without making any changes, but what is the fun in that? I think adding the wine and using fresh herbs would be a great way to make this dish when I make it again.
Rating: Yummy - I may tweak this recipe a bit but I will make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment