Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spera's

     I wasn’t going to post about the burgers I made on Monday but I feel I should. Like tacos or pasta with sauce out of a jar, burgers aren’t something I would post about because they are too simple to make and I make them often. If I try a new recipe then I will certainly make a post but this post is more of a plug for my local meat market. Spera’s, located on Route 31, is about a block or two from my house and I couldn’t be happier about it. I have said this on both of my blogs but I'll say it again...they carry amazing meats in both the deli and the meat section. I haven’t bought meat from a grocery store since August, which is when I moved in to the house. Not only is their meat of good quality, but it is also WAY better priced than the grocery stores. I was able to pick up two burgers for $3.65. Now that doesn’t sound like a deal but when they were made of ground beef tenderloin I would have to disagree. Weighing in at just under a half of a pound each and over an inch in thickness they were beauties. I seasoned them lightly with Dinosaur BBQ’s foreplay grill spice. I didn’t use enough because they didn’t have a spicy taste to them. That didn’t matter though because even with the burgers being cooked to medium well, they were full of flavor and oozing juice all over our plates. When I pulled them from the grill they were the most perfect dark brown with black grill marks I’ve ever made. I don’t think 80/20 ground beef is going to do it anymore in our house and it shouldn’t do it in yours either. Go to Spera’s if you can because you won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment